Goldberg made her film debut in The Color Purple (1985) playing Celie, a mistreated black woman in the Deep South. She received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won her first Golden Globe Award for her role in the film. In 1990, she starred as Oda Mae Brown in the film Ghost. This performance won her a second Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She is also acclaimed for her roles as the bartender Guinan in Star Trek: The Next Generation and as Terry Doolittle in Jumpin' Jack Flash. More recently, she had performed the voice of Stretch in Toy Story 3 and made an appearance in Glee as Carmen Tibideaux.
Goldberg has been nominated for 13 Emmy Awards for her work in television. She was co-producer of the popular game show Hollywood Squares from 1998 to 2004. She has been the moderator of the daytime talk show The View since 2007. Goldberg has a Grammy, two Emmys, two Golden Globes, a Tony (for production, not acting), and an Oscar. In addition, Goldberg has a British Academy Film Award, four People's Choice Awards, and has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. All of this has made her one of the most accomplished actors of her generation, and she is one of the few entertainers who have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award.
- A Christmas Carol (1997) - Additional Voices
- Blizzard - Blizzard
- Doogal - Ermintrude (U.S. Version)
- Everyone's Hero - Darlin'
- Mia and the Migoo - Sorceress
- Our Friend, Martin - Mrs. Peck
- Racing Stripes - Franny
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie - Stormella
- Snow Buddies - Miss Mittens
- The Lion King - Shenzi
- The Lion King 1½ - Shenzi
- The Little Engine That Could (2011) - Tower
- The Pagemaster - Fantasy
- The Rugrats Movie - Ranger Margaret
- Toy Story 3 - Stretch
- Defenders of Dynatron City - Ms. Megawatt
- Number of VA titles on this wiki: (20)